As we begin the New Year, the elders have called a prayer meeting for this Sunday evening (1/8) at 7pm at the church offices. As you contemplate whether to attend, you might be asking yourself, “Why should we pray together?” It’s a valid question. Here are 10 reasons, in no particular order:
- We pray together because we are completely dependent on God for everything.
- We pray together to praise, honor, and glorify our Savior.
- We pray together to encourage one another and to bear each other’s burdens.
- We pray together to grow in our faith.
- We pray together so that our vision of God will expand.
- We pray together to ask God to work powerfully at Hope Fellowship this year.
- We pray together because God alone can change the human heart.
- We pray together because Jesus commands it.
- We pray together to cast our cares upon Him.
- We pray together to increase our joy.
I’m sure you could add some reasons to my list. What a privilege we have this Sunday to come before the King of Kings, to praise, petition, confess, and give thanks to Him. We’ll be using the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) as our template for the meeting, and you can participate as little or as much as you’d like. I hope to see you there.